Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Everyday Loops

Years ago, I had a very simple pair of small hoop earrings that I wore all the time. Like 24/7. Sleeping, showering, whatever, they could be left in, so I always had earrings on even when I wasn't thinking about it. The other day I was digging through my earrings looking for a pair that met those criteria: simple, sturdy, hooked closed, plain but with a smidge of style. Sort of a fancy earwire. Couldn't find anything that I wanted, so I made some*. This is what I've come up with. I call them Everyday Loops (and they are, of course, available in my Etsy shop). I'm big and I have lots of hair, I wanted something bigger than the old pair I used to wear so they had some presence on me. I've also made a smaller pair for those that like it like that. I'll have pictures of the smaller ones in my shop soon.

*I love that I can do that!

3 comments:

tattytiara said...

Great designs so often come from the designers thinking about what they themselves want. That first person perspective is so revealing!

High Desert Diva said...

Must be very rewarding to be able to make what you want.

Curly Girl Glass said...

I can make the simpler things, but I have plenty of ideas in my head that I can't create in person!