Saturday, October 10, 2009

Living Room and Dining Room BEFORE

First, from the DR looking into the LR and the foyer. As you can see, this lovely craftsman has had most of the craftsman stripped out of it. The former owners also have covered every vertical surface with either paneling or wallpaper (some of it sparkly!). I'm dying to know what's behind this paneling around the fireplace. I have this fantasy that there are actually windows - like most craftsman houses and that they haven't been "altered". I'll only know once I pull it. Can't tell from the outside either as it has (lovely woodgrain) aluminum siding. The second two photos are looking into the DR - and further into the kitchen - with it's painted (shit brown) box beam ceiling. In the fourth picture you can see the (closed) door leading up to the second floor. The righthand open door leads into the hall, the bedrooms and bathroom.

Needless to say, I have "a project" on my hands

3 comments:

Delainie said...

I can't wait to see what you do! I think it's got such potential! I wish they hadn't painted those beams!! We are still on the hunt for a house, we found one we loved but the owner sold it hours before our realtor told them we wanted it! Worst. timing. ever.

Curly Girl Glass said...

Aww, sorry about that house. Happened to me on the last house I put a bid on. Moments before, they had gotten a bid they excepted and went pending. Sucks. Keeping up hope can be hard...
The beams might be (I was told) pine and therefore will need to be painted (but not nasty brown).

High Desert Diva said...

Good bones girl. Once all the remuddling is taken care of, you'll have a beauty on your hands.