Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Chicken Planting

Girl scouts? Nope. School project? Nope. Little kids to entertain? Nope. Just me. I got it in my head that I wanted to make plants in eggshells like we did when I was a kid. I started saving the eggshells from my breakfast. As you can see, I didn't make it to a whole dozen. I don't eat that many eggs and got impatient. Mixed herb seeds are what I planted. Maybe it's the warming weather that inspired me. Maybe I just spend too much time by myself. And even though I just planted them the other day, I still check them everyday for sprouts (like an idiot). I'm pretty excited about having something new to overwater!

2 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

Hey that looks like fun!

LadyK said...

Congrats on your new little seedlings! Egg shells add a lot of nutrients to the soil. Your little plants should do very well.

We always put crushed egg shells in the ground below the seeds. Sometimes we add potato peels, coffee grounds, and parts of fish like smelt. The addition of those things really make your plants grow healthy and strong. :D