Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hardware Store/Supply Store

So I had to go to the hardware store for a couple of things and, being a sucker for hardware stuff, I spent some time wandering around. I found these thingees - I honestly don't know what they are "supposed" to be for - and thought I could make some jewelry out of them. Took them home and started to play with them. They are steel and lightweight and have all those wonderful holes in them. Lots of possibilities. Of course the first thing I did was blast one with the torch to see what would happen (me loves my fire!). I LOVE the rusty patina that came out of it. Pair them with some contrasting sterling earwires and BAMMO! groovy, slightly steampunky earrings. There are so many other things that will be made from these. I love when jewelry making is so fun and spontaneous. I call these new ones Riddle Earrings (Rust) and they are available in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Artifax said...

Oh how cool! Those earrings are great! I love trolling through hardware stores too for new and interesting things :)

High Desert Diva said...

Well these are friggin' cool!