Monday, August 11, 2008

Bake-A-Lite Beauties

I've recently been making an effort to go through the jewelry supplies I already have in the house. I thought they were cool when I bought them and it's time to start making stuff with them. A while ago, I bought these vintage Bake-a-lite cubes. They are sort of big, a bit more than an inch square, and I just knew cool jewelry was waiting to happen with them. I was right. Here is the first piece I've made with them. It was a piece that designed itself as I went along. I had a vague idea when I set out, but it veered and swerved and said no, go this way. I'm very happy with the way it's turned out. I love the combination of industrial and suit of armor, with a skoach of art deco. The brushed back oxidation gives it a great antiqued look. I also have these cubes in a tealy blue and a gold brown tan. Many new ideas are brewing.

2 comments: