Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chains Chains Chains...

Although time consuming, I really enjoy making chains. There's something about creating each link, watching the chain grow. I like seeing how the links work together and how it sits against the wrist or neck. Is exact repetition the way to go? or different sized links? My brain seems to like these challenges. Here's my newest chain, a bracelet. What I really enjoy about this piece is the dichotomy between the organic shapes and heat-formed balls, and the high shine polish finish giving it a very modern feel too. To be truthful, I wasn't really sure about this design until I had made many links and could see how they worked together. I'm very pleased with the outcome. Currently there is only the bracelet and earrings (seen in the background of the photo), but next burst of chain-making energy, I'm going to make a necklace too. The Persie Bracelet and Persie Earrings, as well as other chains I've created, are available in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Shoozles said...

This is a brilliant design.

I have been more than inspired by your work a few times

High Desert Diva said...

I quite admire your patience. Chain making seems so tedious...but this design is well worth the effort!