Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Calla Earrings

Sweet little lilies with a deep red garnet, I call them Calla Earrings. The lily leaf is raw brass which enhances the garnets and contasts well with the heat oxidized sterling. They are something sort of different for me: little, cute, more delicate than I usually make. Did I say they were little? I guess because I'm a big person, I tend to make bigger jewelry. I make things I like and feel that little things get lost on me and particularly in my hair. Needless to say, I'm not a delicate person. A little exercise in stepping out of my comfort zone a bit? They are now for sale in my Etsy shop.

In other news, I have begun an artistic collaboration with Leah Pellegrini (a fellow PDX Etsy street team member and Etsy seller) making jewelry of some of her glass pieces. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be posting pictures as soon as there is something to share. She's written more about it in her blog and has posted a picture of the glass puddles we'll be using.

3 comments:

John said...

Gorgeous ! Love lilies. Makes me miss summer.

Unknown said...

callas are one of my favorite flowers. i wanted them when we got married, but they were so expensive.
garnets are my birthstone. these are perfect earrings.

when we went to san fransico for our honeymoon, callas were being sold from the vending carts for cheap, cheap. i was sick. but they were beautiful.

i love your jewelry. great blog too.

High Desert Diva said...

Hi
Hadn't seen your blog for sometime...it was fun looking thru all the posts!