Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lana Hoops

A slightly modern take on the classic hoop. The Lana Hoops are created from heavier gauge sterling that's been hammered back and front so it tapers down. The hinged earwire hooks in the back. The ball of the earwire has been left patinaed (from the heat forming) giving it a bit of an antiqued look that contrasts nicely with the shine of the rest of the earring.

These started by my looking at ways to make different types of earwires. They aren't the original thing that came to my head (I haven't made those yet...), but as I sat staring into space - often the way I come up with designs - these are what I drew on the paper in front of me. They are, of course, available in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Over The Top Aprons said...

Very nice; I like the different look.

Unknown said...

ooooh, love these new pieces....